Job Title: Junior Web Developer Internship
Salary: Lunch & Travel Expenses Paid
Location: Brixton, London
Opportunity knocks for people with a true passion for cutting-edge web tech to make a solid career in software engineering. We at Teque have come a long way since our inception in 2001, and have worked with small to international brands by delivering clever and bespoke platforms.
The role is originally offered as a four-month internship, following which successful interns will have the opportunity to join the company as an apprentices. For most of your internship you will be working from our Brixton office, to ensure a fast-paced personal growth under supervised training and mentoring. Thereafter your work will split between the office and home.
Key Skills Required:
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software
- Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail-oriented, responsible team-player
- Must have evidence of self-learning
- Ability to multi-task and support multiple priorities
- An interest in all aspects of the development process, from strategy to execution
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude is crucial
Key Technological Skills Required:
- Basics of PHP
- Basics SQL (Preferebally MySQL)
What You Will Learn:
- Laravel framework
- SQL (MySQL & MongoDB)
- Version Control using Git
- CSS frameworks (Tailwind, Bootstrap)
- Vanilla JS and frameworks (jQuery, AlpineJS, Angular)
- How to think like a developer
- Agile/Scrum framework
- Basic understanding of latest design and software architecture patterns and frameworks – Microservices, APIs, Spring Core/MVC/Boot/Cloud, REST and so on
- Opportunity to improve your CV and gain valuable work experience working on live projects.
- Excellent supportive environment
- All travel expenses covered during Internship
- Guaranteed position following internship for successful developers
The recruitment process:
We’ll assess your strengths as well as looking at how well you connect with our values throughout the process.
The process itself involves:
- Emailing us a copy of your CV and a cover letter to [email protected], inclusive of relevant experience and examples/links to recent work
- If you pass the initial CV screen you will be called for an assessment
- Pass this, and you’ll have an in-person interview with us
- If offered a role you will be joining us in June 2022
Given the number of applications received please note that only short-listed applicants receive a response.